Wednesday, August 12, 2026

People Who Say Theory Drive Me Nuts!!! FTN's Important Life Observation of the Day - August 12, 2026

Ok. I can put up with a lot of things - bad weather, high gasoline prices, power outages, even the crap that that guy who looks like me is always saying.


FTN getting ignored again

Photo credit: Kama Ruby

But!

One thing that absolutely drives me up a wall is when people say, "I have a theory about that."

No, you don't have a theory about that you moron. You have a HYPOTHESIS!!!!!

When you think something is happening because of something else, that isn't your theory, it's what YOU think might be causing it to happen. But, unless you've proven that's the only reason and hundreds of other people check on what you are saying and come to the same and no other conclusion, then what you have is just a HYPOTHESIS! 

A THEORY is the result of someone's hypothesis being tested and tested and tested over and over again, and no matter how hard people may try to disprove it, they keep coming up with the same and no other answer. When that happens it becomes fact, or in other words, a THEORY! 

So, do you want to know what drives me up the wall even more than what I just said? 

Well, I'm going to tell you anyway. It's when I am watching a movie or a television show and there is some engineer or scientist who should know better says the same thing!!! 

Like: "I have a theory as to why those aliens are attacking us!" 

Or: "I have a theory as to why those birds are all flying into windows!" 

And: "I have a theory as to why..." Well, I think you get the picture. 

There, I'm done. I have gotten that off of my chest until I hear some other knucklehead say it again. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment